So welcome to my blog! I'm attempting to utilize this as another means to get the word out there about my favorite hobby and potential business - Chrysalis Creation. Chrysalis Creation was originally started as a means to make and sell polymer clay horns, and though that is still a facet of what I'm capable of doing for my clients, it has evolved to encompass both decoupage and the repainting of fashion dolls. The fashion dolls currently take up a majority of my available crafting time due to their beauty, versatility and because I just take get enjoyment out of seeing them progress.
Doll repainting consists of removing the factory paint - the painted faces that the dolls are sold with by their respective manufacturer, and literally reworking them. Sometimes I utilize the existing paint as a sort of muse for the colors and what not that I utilize in the rework, sometimes I completely change the direction that the doll was going! Inspiration comes from a myriad of sources and eventually I want to feel confident enough in my abilities to be able to accept commissions and bring other peoples ideas for their dolls to life.
I use the best quality supplies that I am able to get. The dolls are 'painted' with artist grade watercolor pencils (generally Prismacolor) and the 'blushing' is done using soft chalk pastels. Everything is sealed with Mr. Super Clean Matte UV sealant or Liquitex Gloss Varnish for the shiny bits.
My primary base dolls are Monster High in part because of their accessibility and their price point is far better than the traditional Japanese Ball Jointed Dolls. I have yet to attempt other fashion dolls like Every After High or La Dee Dah but when the inspiration strikes I'm likely to try that out. I have a couple at home waiting, just haven't feel the pull for them yet.
I try to make things as detailed as I can. I am still learning and growing so please, by all means, I appreciate constructive criticism!
I can be found as well on Facebook, Pinterest and DeviantArt and of course what works I have for sale are located over on Etsy.
No comments:
Post a Comment